Your Fall Home Maintenace Checklist
Fall has arrived! The days are getting shorter, the leaves are starting to change colors, and cooler temps are here.
While you may be ready to enjoy hot apple cider and pumpkin carving, it's also time to prepare your home for cold weather. Here's a checklist of some important autumn home maintenance tasks to consider completing.
Outside The Home
1. Winterize your sprinkler system
2. Disconnect and drain your hose
3. Check for potential frozen pipe exposure
4. Remove bird/insect nests from chimney flues and outdoor fixtures
5. Stock Ice Melt and ready snow shovels
6. Aerate and fertilize your lawn
7. Trim any shrubs or trees
Inside The Home
1. Clean, check, and rotate ceiling fans
2. Check and make sure caulking around bathroom fixtures is adequate to prevent water from seeping
3. Have a certified chimney sweep inspect and clean the flues
4. Check smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
5. Get your heating system serviced and change filters
Need some work done around your house or help with any of the items above? Reach out to me today and I'll get you in touch with the right provider that my team and I work with!
BONUS: Winter Car Survival Kit
Although snow may not be on your mind right now, its better to be prepared ahead of time! I-70 and other roads here in Colorado get a little tricky in the winter so here are some items to keep in your car in case of an emergency!
1. Cell phone car charger
2. Small LED flashlight
3. Portable air compressor
4. Simple tool it
5. First Aid Kit
6. Jumper cables
7. Small foldable shovel
8. Warm hat, gloves and blanket
9. Bag of safety absorbent/kitty litter
10. Non-perishable food and water